February 4, 2017

this week

 
If you want to feel loved, spend a week subbing in classes of 1 and 2 year olds or 3 and 4 year olds. "Your face is beautiful." "I like you." "You are my favorite teacher." And those hugs and smiles!

And if you want to feel really, really tired at the end of the day, spend a week subbing in classes of 1 and 2 year olds and 3 and 4 year olds. :)

It was a long week. But filled with happy moments and lots of time to reflect on how hard it is for working full time moms and how grateful I am that I do get to stay at home with my kids. 

 
We watched another Indiana Jones movie as a family last night. We popped popcorn and cuddled all together on the couch. I just want to snuggle my children all weekend. And Perry has been in a very huggy and kissy mood lately. He told me last night, "I like hugging you! I like you, mom." I like you, too, bud.

Layla and I walked to church last week. Well, since it's over a mile she got to ride her scooter. Then we change shoes when we get to church.

 
 
 
I won't go into details here, but this has also been a stressful week because of some things going on at school with Kacin's teacher. We have been emailing with the school and we think we found a solution for now. But my mind has been swirling with the stress of it all, especially on a week when I've been working 40 hours. And all I want to do when I get home is sleep. I am so ready for the sabbath day tomorrow. I am looking forward to it. For the rest and the renewal of my body and my mind and my spirit. I'm hoping to sit down and start reading the new Gordon B Hinckley manual we are studying in relief society. 

And then I'm looking forward to my regular schedule as a stay at home mom next week.:)