January 23, 2017

Kacin is 12

 
We celebrated a big milestone for our second oldest last month. This wonderful boy of ours turned the big 12!!

I think I've been in denial about him growing another year older (maybe that's part of the reason it has taken me so long to record this). In my mind, he will always be my adorable chubby cheeked three year old boy with the contagious laughter and the bundles of energy. I just blinked. And now he is this handsome and bright young man. He is still full of laughter and energy, but there's so much more to him. 

He was ready and prepared to receive the priesthood. We were surrounded by family that day and I know that meant a lot to him. 

I don't think I will ever forget the moment, January 8, 2017, when I looked up during sacrament meeting and saw my two oldest boys both passing the sacrament on either side of our pew. My mother heart swelled with gratitude and pride and love. 

Kacin's actual 12th birthday was a complete washout. Our plans to celebrate that day were completely ruined by a sickness that ran through our family (including extended family) right after Christmas celebrations. That was the day Eric and I were both completely sick in bed and couldn't get up or move. We had to postpone the birthday fun until the next day when everyone was somewhat recovered. 

But I wasn't recovered enough to make a cake, so we picked up a store bought cake and sang happy birthday and showered him with gifts, including his very own super cool flip phone.

 
He also got to pick a family activity to do so we went to a bounce place for a couple of hours of fun.

 
 
 
Twelve words to sum up Kacin as a 12 year old: loving, baseball, passionate, sports, fun-loving, caring, outside, friends, clever, ice cream, good brother, and righteous. I could keep going, but since he is only 12 he only gets 12 things. ;)

Happy birthday, Kacin! We love you and we are beyond blessed to have you in our family!