March 21, 2015

These days

Eric brought this home from work one day. Just what we needed--a 5 lb gummy bear. We chopped part of it up and the kids ate some for our family home evening treat one night. 




Eric started a new thing. It's called play a song from the 90's, 80's or 70's before we go to sleep. He surprises me with the song every night. He says he might let me request songs, but there is no guarantee that he will use my suggestions in this nightly ritual. These lullaby's, of sorts, have been a variety of classics. One night, it was a george strait song. Who knew that Eric knew every word to "Heartland"?

Kacin refers to the dishwasher soap as "George". It all began when Perry was watching Curious George while Kyler was loading the dishwasher. Ky gets sucked in to the tv no matter what is on. He distractedly asked me to hand him the George so he could start the dishwasher. Kacin couldn't stop laughing and here we are a couple of months later and the name has stuck.

Layla loves gymnastics and going to Sundi's house. She asks every single day if she can go to those places.







I came to the resolution that it is not very likely that I will go back and teach elementary school again. I've been going through more pocket charts, bulletin board borders, big books, and posters getting rid of things. It's taken me a while to let go of that part of my life. I loved teaching 1st grade. I'm glad I had that chapter of my life. But I'm even more glad to have this role as a mother of four.

We decided to tackle some big house projects. We are painting our kitchen cabinets. Today we go pick out new countertops. Our flooring guy gave us an estimate and we are waiting on samples to make a decision. I think it's all exciting. E is glad we are doing it, but I'm getting the feeling he doesn't enjoy the process quite as much as I do.

Layla loves being the helper at preschool. I think she has brought my Grandma Neff's singing frog at least twice for her show and tell. This time Polo (Kacin's polar bear) got to be shown off, too.




Here is Layla's group and their Leprechaun trap.


Once upon a time I wanted Kacin to go play, even if that meant making a mess. Layla has taught me all about mischief. Locking doors, clogging toilets, bowls of water spilling over her room, scissors and crayons in her bed and on her sheets, and toys placed in all sorts of random places and bags. It's never to be naughty, it's always to help or because of her imagination--she has big plans this girl. She keeps me happy and busy.

To renew our foster care license, half of our family had to go get shots. E, Kyler, and I were the lucky ones to get vaccinated. I still don't do well around needles, but if I don't look at all (even while the nurse is preparing the needle  or cleaning my arm) than I don't get light headed anymore. That' a good thing. Kyler is a champ. He doesn't even think twice about it. He even took on the role of Perry's entertainer while we waited. Well, he held Perry's entertainer in his hand and cuddled Perry.