February 25, 2014

Home Again

Who would've ever thought it would feel so good to be doing laundry and dishes and vacuuming? After 10 days, it's just so nice to be home again, to have a little bit of room to spread out, and to be moving around again. My body isn't very good at sitting still so that 20 + hour drive was hard.

I promised a few years ago that I would never make that loooong drive again, but Eric was insistent that we save some money and drive instead of fly. And I actually think I'm glad we did it that way. It was kind of nice all cozy in the car watching movies and spending time together. Yeah, we had our moments of craziness, but we survived those, and overall it was a good experience.








We watched a lot of movies while driving. A lot. So many so that at one point a movie went off and we told the boys to put another one on and Kacin said "Do we have to watch another movie? Can't we just look out the window for awhile??" I was a proud mom in that moment. Or maybe I should've been ashamed that we were feeding them movie after movie.

We lost a crib sheet and came home with a hotel bed sheet. Ooops. If only we knew in which of the 6 hotels we stayed in that we made that swap.

The hardest thing was lugging in and out all of our stuff every time we stopped at a new hotel  (2 nights down there, one night in Cali then switch to Disneyland hotel, then two nights home). Note to self: next time pack everyone's stuff for a couple of days together in one bag, instead of bringing in all of everyone's individual stuff for ten days.

Except for the first night in which Layla allowed us to only get a few hours of sleep, everyone was so tired that they slept pretty well.

I didn't take pictures at any hotels, but we went swimming four or five times between all of our stops and that was a highlight for the kids.

I am so glad that we got to go on such a great trip together! I'll share our adventures as soon as I finish unpacking and get us settled back into a life of homework, appointments, naps, cooking, cleaning, and working.