February 11, 2010

In Preparation of Feb. 14th . . .

Our week has been filled with much preparation and anticipation for February 14th!

We boycotted store-bought valentine's cards this year and worked hard on making our own heartful (which maybe isn't considered a "real" word, but I find it more fitting in this instance) creations to share with our friends, and, of course, daddy (who will be the recipient of about 7 cards just from one little boy. . .

We celebrated at our schools . . .

We made heart sugar cookies with our fun neighbors . . .

Shelley (the fun neighbor) and I got this great idea to make Valentine's Bingo cards while the kids played. If you're ever thinking of making your own set, here's my advice: Plan on it taking longer than you'd think and use stickers instead of drawing, cutting, pasting.
Better yet, just borrow mine. 
My model here was pretty excited to hold up the card . . . 

Only 2 days left until Valentine's Day!
 Still on the To-Do List:
1. Grocery shop for our elegant Valentine's dinner
2. Learn how to be "gentleman" and "ladies" for our elegant Valentine's dinner
3. Practice our dancing skills for after the elegant Valentine's dinner
4. Make candy bar cookies (yum!)
Jacqui said...

is it just me or does Kyler look so much older!!!

Barb said...

Kyler's hair is growing out, and not up! It does give him a different look, just as handsome, of course. Looking forward to the dinner!

Barb said...

Lolo, I posted something, not that you noticed! : )

Stefanie Hyer said...

What the is going on with Kyler's hair? It is not sticking up in front like it normally does? I thought he was a stickler for that? Well you all look good! You are such a great mommy and wifey and you always inspire me to be creative and do lots of fun things! Keep up the good work! I love you guys! Happy Valentines day! And I am glad to see you are keeping up the candy bar cookie traditions! I hope to do the same when I am off somewhere!

Jenna Allen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenna Allen said...

NO JACQUI, YOUR RIGHT!!!
I have been thinking the SAAAAAME thing about Kyler. He does! What's up with this, Laura??

And ha, Valentines Day - the only holiday in which males feel comfortable giving pink hearts to one another... ;) (for a few years, anyway :))

Great job on all, Los!!

nancy said...

I like the valentine that you sent Wade and I
. Thanks!