May 31, 2016

soak it in


I keep reminding my kids to look around and soak all of this in.


Washington is absolutely breathtaking, when I stop to appreciate it..


The trees, the plants--all of the GREEN is such a stark contrast from what you find in Arizona.


I went to the Bellevue Botanical Garden one afternoon while the P Man was at therapy.


I had a whole hour to just breathe it in.


I just wished I had more than my iphone to capture the beauty with, like maybe I should've brought a professional photographer with me.


I walked the trails, but every once in a while I would stop and pause or find a bench to sit on for a moment.


And that's when I saw it.


 In the details.


I noticed individual leaves, drops of water, small flowers, a unique tree branch, the light shining just right through the leaves . . .


I saw more and more. 



Just pretty things I hadn't noticed at first when I was hurrying along the trail.


It does me good to stop and just notice occasionally.


What a beautiful world God has created for each of us to enjoy!


Just slow down.


And soak it all in.