November 14, 2014

these days

I planned our anniversary celebration this year. We try to take turns year by year, but neither one of us could remember whose turn it was. I found a Brazilian churrascaria in Bellevue for us to go to. It had been a long time since we had been to one. We ate a lot of good food. It was nice going somewhere fancy, but we were just content going out together. Eric's wedding ring had been missing since September. Out of the blue, I found it the day before our anniversary. His gift from me was his wedding ring back.



We had parent teacher conferences. My kids are awesome. All good things.



One afternoon, I took Layla and Perry to Target. 


We had three things to get. Perry wanted to bring his truck into the store. I thought it wasn't worth the fight and it would be fine if he held the truck. I didn't predict that he would refuse to ride in the cart. I didn't imagine that as soon as we entered the store he would drop to the ground and sit on the truck and scoot around to drive the truck through the store.  Yet, those things happened. We managed ok getting the first two things. He would ride on his truck for a bit and then I could convince him to park the truck on the cart for a minute so we could walk down the aisle for a ways.This was turning into a 10 hour trip. We were getting our last thing when I moved Perry's truck from the position he put it in. That set him off. A nice man saw us, blocked Perry's path until I could reach him, and asked if I needed help. I carried screaming Perry. I heard a mom say to her daughter as we walked by, "yes, he is hitting his mommy." Those items we were getting were necessary. There were long lines to check out. There should be a free pass to the front of the line when you have a tantruming child. As it was, he calmed enough to just lay on the floor near my feet as we waited. And waited. Perry was about to lose it again. I finally grabbed a Target manager and pleaded with him to check me out quick. He did, thank goodness. I was able to get us all into the car (now that 20 min. car ride could be a whole dramatic story in itself! i'll have to save it for another time). 

In the moment, these experiences aren't so fun. But I can't help but laugh later. Never a dull moment here.


Speaking of . . . my first child to decorate the carpet so beautifully. We really need new carpet, but what's the point? ;)


This is the favorite dress up at the new therapy office. We put out a lot of fires in that play room!


We managed a date night to a corn maze. Fun!






Kyler got his Webelos in cub scouts. I got to paint his face. Good job, Ky!


Kyler is really a great person. We challenged both of the boys to re-memorize the 13 Articles of Faith. Actually, it could be deemed bribery since we said we would pay them if they knew them all by Halloween. Kyler took us up on the challenge and practiced them almost every morning until he had them down really well. 

Layla keeps asking me to take pictures of her with food hanging out of her mouth. I don't know why. I can only blame her brothers.


We spent a day at the zoo. I am exhausted after outings like these with all the kids by myself. But we scored free carousel rides. due to honesty.




Kyler, Eric, and I will be having a Harry Potter movie marathon tonight. Kyler finished reading the books so he is quite anxious to watch the rest of the movies. We plan on getting through 5 and 6 tonight. 

Happy Friday!