March 11, 2014

our trip day 5, our sealing

The most important reason for taking our trip was to have family with us when Layla and Perry would be sealed to us for time and all eternity in the Temple--a house of the Lord. On February 18 we got to do just that. It was a beautiful day at the Newport Beach Temple.

I can't even put into words how peaceful and happy one feels gathered with family in a temple of God. To have all four of my children with us in the sealing room, two of them dressed all in white, like Eric and I, for the ceremony, was a beautiful experience that I don't think I will ever forget!

The sealing ceremony is pretty short, but I had no idea how Perry and Layla would act. I remembered 3-year-old Kacin, after he was sealed to us, climbing up onto the alter and jumping off before we could grab him, so I was a bit nervous as to how it would go. :) I had no need to be because Layla and Perry were both so calm in the sealing room. When it was time, the children came right up and placed their hands on our hands as we knelt at the alter. After those beautiful words were spoken to seal Layla and Perry to us, we were able to gather all of our children into hugs. I felt such joy and such love for each of these sweet kids and a wonderful husband to call my forever family.





We were so grateful to have some of our family there with us.

I just love candid shots of getting ready for the big smiles. :)











I am apparently signing to one of my kids to stop doing whatever crazy thing they are doing, so no matter how ridiculous I look, I have to post the only picture my dad made it into. He's pretty important.


We had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory right after the sealing.










It was a perfect morning for our family.

More about temples here.
Holly Decker said...

you look STUNNING! love you Laura, congrats! :)