April 23, 2017

Meet Reddy Firebolt

I caved. Not to the extent that they were hoping when they began begging and pleading for a dog. But still. They got more than I would like. 

They have all wanted a dog forever, but Kacin and Layla got a little more intense about it and began conspiring together to convince me to let them get a pet. They once spent a good 20 minutes while we waited for an eye dr reasoning and pleading and promising everything under the sun in return for a dog. No joke, they even went as far as to say not only would they pay for the dog and everything it needs and take care of the dog, but they would also stay home from every family vacation to care for it. 

We have had the dog discussion time and time again. But today when it started Eric threw out  a "let's go get a fish." And since I didn't protest too loudly Kacin, Layla, and Eric jumped in the car before I could change my mind. They came home later with a beta fish and a win of a Goodwill find fish tank.

That's how we got Reddy Firebolt. But some members of the family will only be referring to him as Firebolt.

 

So there you have it. The first Allred family indoor house pet.