February 14, 2017

hearts on the wall

Happy Valentine's Day!

I just dropped Layla off at school. Due to somebody getting her first kiss from Jackson last week, I had to give her an extra big reminder that we do not kiss at school. Or play kiss tag. She assures me they won't play kiss tag, only Hug tag. What am I going to do with this girl??

We had a heart shaped breakfast and I sent all of the kids off with a heart shaped lunch (pbandj). 

But I have to admit I am not feeling very heart filled and loving at the moment. It has something to do with discovering that the candy I have been saving in the freezer to make our traditional valentines surprise candy bar cookies is all gone. Someone ate the entire bag. I guess that means no cookies this year. :(

I'll get it over it eventually. It helped a little bit when I stopped to read over and take pictures of the hearts on our wall.

This is something we try to do every year as a family and I love it. We each write something we love about each person in our family. (I wrote mine last week when I was actually feeling loving).



We got some gems this year.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Some of those made me laugh out loud! I guess when it comes down to it, I'll keep all 5 of those people, mistakes, imperfections, candy eating, and all.