October 27, 2016

AZ state fair

We spent another fall break day at the az state fair. I do not even know when the last time was that I went to a state fair (But I do remember once when I was little (maybe like 7 or 8?), I won first place for my snickerdoodle cookies at the fair. But that may have been the county fair. Whatever it was, I am that skilled.), but we got in free with canned foods and made the most of it. 



Each of the kids picked a few rides to go on. Every time I ride a ride, I can't help but think how Disneyland is amazing and nothing else compares. It's true. But there was still some fun had at the fair, I guess.






Kyler was the only brave soul who went on this crazy high flipping contraption. He is fearless.









The other kids were quite happy on rides like these.







It was our first experience with fried fair treats. Yuck. None of us really liked it.



Then there were the animals.


And this is when Perry discovered selfies. He wanted one with every animal.


I would hold the phone and he would press the button. Like this.







He clutched that map everywhere we went.


We finished the day with two shows (percussion and some car racing) and the last ride.