August 28, 2015

Kalaloch, part 2

We didn't make it to the Hoh rain forest this year, but we did spend some time at Ruby beach again. Such beauty!







The boys found that someone had written happy birthday in the sand. They smeared away whoever's name it was and wrote mine instead.









We also went to the Ox Bow area and found a beautiful river to play at. 






I had told the boys about the polar dip at girls camp (jumping in the river at 6:30 in the morning). So they wanted to try the "polarized" dip (as Kacin kept calling it), too. But they did so around 2pm in the afternoon. This water was still really cold.



Perry's version of the polar dip.


Layla just wanted to make sure her brothers were still alive.


I made it over to the rocks, too. And as we all sat there, Layla announced "I just love my family."


Me too, Layla! 
And I love our week together at Kalaloch each year.

(we missed the Nielsen's very much this year!)