September 17, 2014

These days

Layla was being super silly one evening so Eric laughed and said to her,

Eric: You are so goofy.

Her reply?

Layla: Well, you are Minnie Mouse.
Eric: You are goofy.
Layla: You are Minnie Mouse. No!! Wait! I am Minnie and you are Goofy.


A friend of mine has a drop-in music class so occasionally Layla goes to the fun little class. One day was all about school buses (which she tells me every day she will ride one when she gets bigger). That was her cute school bus treat she made.

I took Perry and Layla to open gym one afternoon.




And I learned I should keep our time there to 30 min. And be faster when Perry gets upset and runs away. He almost knocked over all of the cubbies. I was glad we were just about the only ones there that day.

Perry is loving school. I tried to get a picture of him outside of his "bear" room one day when I picked him up early for an appointment at the autism clinic.



Here's the picture from when we went to meet the teacher. And I forgot to take one while we were in his classroom.


I found this picture on my phone. Layla got to my phone one day while we were hanging out at P's therapy. We spend a lot of time in this little room.


Life has gotten easier these last few weeks. I mostly attribute it to the fact that Layla can now climb in and buckle herself into her car seat. And sometimes Perry will unbuckle and climb out on his own. We get in and out of the car so much so this is great!

Soccer is in full swing. Two boys with two practices equals four practices a week. Plus two games on Saturday. They are putting in a lot of effort this season. I'm sure it will pay off. 

It was our turn to drive to soccer practice and Kacin's friend got in our car. He is in our car a lot. This time he asked, "when are you going to clean out your car?" I told him he was welcome to do it anytime. Except we are constantly in it so it would be hard to find a time to clean it. When we don't have to eat lunch in the car three days a week it will stay much nicer, I assure you. Until then pb&j sandwiches, pirate booty, and raisins will cover my floor.  

I do prioritize here. Clean laundry, three meals, keeping track of everyone's schedules, cuddles, stories, and bike rides seem to land at the top more often than clean the car or pull those weeds by our front porch. 

Yes, put first things first. I settled into a routine that makes me much happier. I read my scriptures and say my prayers before I even leave my room in the morning. It's nice to have an excuse to stay in my warm bed a while longer. It sets a tone for the day. I am reading in the Doctrine and Covenants and the Book of Mormon (the women in my ward have been challenged to read it by the end of the school year). There is power in reading the scriptures.